Riding a motorcycle is a terrific way to explore the beautiful North Carolina environment. Even with the recommended protective equipment, motorcycle drivers run a much higher risk of serious accidents than car drivers.
According to the North Carolina Motorcycle Accidents Statistics, more than 70000 motorcycle accidents happen annually. Ten percent of these accidents are fatal. Additionally, eighty percent of motorcycle accidents result in severe injuries and devastating damages to the rider and those involved. Damages from a motorcycle accident include pain and suffering, lost wages, disfigurement, medical expenses, and emotional distress.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Wrecks
Determining the cause of a motorcycle crash is the first step in identifying the liable party. Statistics show that motorcycle crashes occur when other drivers do not provide the motorcyclist with the right-of-way. Some of the most notable causes of motorcycle accidents in North Carolina are:
- Reduced visibility of the motorcycle
- Rear-end collisions because motorcycles stop more quickly than other automobiles
- Other drivers fail to check their blind spots
- Driving under the influence
- Road defects or terrain imperfections like potholes and loose gravel
- Mechanical issues or defective design of the motorcycle
- Failing to compromise space or giving right of way
- Speeding either by a driver or the motorcyclist
Since a motorcycle lacks the framework of cars and other vehicles, the operator usually becomes susceptible to life-threatening injuries from a crash. Some reported injuries include broken bones, traumatic brain injury, whiplash, road rash, burns, spinal injuries, and contusions.
GET A RESPONSE Fast
We communicate via chat, email, and text to get you a response fast.
Important Motorcycle Laws in North Carolina
North Carolina has created numerous laws to curb all motor accidents and keep riders safe on roadways. Some of the laws that motorists must comply with include the following:
- Have a standard driver’s license after completing
- Motorcyclists and their passengers must wear helmets when they are on the motorcycle
- Motorcycles are entitled to full use of the lane or have the right-of-way. Therefore, no other vehicle should deprive them of this right
- Adhere to the other general traffic laws, such as speed limits
What are the Benefits of Having an Attorney?
Motorcycle accidents, as discussed earlier, result in serious injuries that might affect a person’s well-being and livelihood. Accident attorneys will help prove the negligence of another motorist and pursue monetary compensation for wrongful death, medical treatment, and lost wages. Therefore, hiring certified and experienced lawyers with a background in motorcycle accidents would be imperative. Our lawyers at Ambrosino Law Firm have the knowledge and skills to determine negligence and ensure a fair hearing. In addition, our lawyers will help you receive the full and fair compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Free Case Evaluation
We understand how motorcycle crashes can be traumatizing, which is why our Ambrosino Law firm team is committed to assisting our clients through the legal steps. Our team has helped countless individuals in North Carolina seek compensation and justice after a significant accident. Therefore, by hiring our firm, you can be confident that the case is in the hands of experienced motorcycle accident lawyers to receive the best decision.